Firearms Instruction – Madison
To Register for a class, simply click the class link (Highlighted in Red) and follow the instructions. If there is not a class currently scheduled, please click “request a class” and we will be notified and will schedule a class in the near future!
Keeping with our Self Defense mindset, Twisted Fitness offers Firearms and alternative self defense education here in Madison. Twisted Fitness is excited to be a proud partner of the USCCA! Safety and training courses for all skill levels. However, even if you have ZERO experience with firearms, we’ll get you started. We offer a variety of Classes from a basic handgun class, to high level Defensive shooting classes.
Interested in a Concealed Carry License for the state of Wisconsin? Our Certified Instructors can provide you with the knowledge and recourses necessary to obtain a license. Furthermore, we will also accommodate small group training and will work in the field with churches, scouting, etc. See the full list of classes below to find what you are looking for. Don’t see a class on the schedule? Click HERE to request a class or with any questions.
Wisconsin CCW and Home Defense Course: This 4 Hour course provides you with a comprehensive breakdown of the Laws for the State of Wisconsin. We will discuss:
- Situational awareness and how to keep yourself safe.
- Break down use of force and when it is acceptable to use lethal force.
- Basic Firearms Safety and Operation.
- Alternative Protection Measures (Taser, Pepper Spray, etc)
This class provides you all the knowledge and certification necessary to obtain a CCW license for the State of Wisconsin.
Basic Handgun Class: Handgun Basics – 2-2.5 hours class time -This hands-on class will teach you:
- Takedown, cleaning and proper storage of your handgun
- Choosing the correct ammunition
- How to safely clear common firearm malfunctions
- Proper stance, grip, use of sights, and trigger control to improve your accuracy
- Using laser systems, dry firing and at home drills to improve defensive accuracy and
This class will help prepare you for the live fire range course that we offer, Defensive
Shooting Fundamentals 1 (DSF 1).
Defensive shooting fundamentals 1: In this live fire, small group setting you will learn:
- Proper grip, stance and kinesthetic alignment
- When and how to use sighted vs. unsighted fire
- Defensive accuracy at a variety of distances
- Balancing speed and precision in a defensive situation
- Trigger control
This class will qualify you to attend the Defensive Shooting Fundamentals 2 (DSF2)
Defensive shooting fundamentals 2:In this live fire, small group Level 2 course we will build on the skills learned in the Defensive Shooting Fundamentals 1 course. You will learn:
- Emergency Reloads
- Working with the body’s natural reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident
- Incorporating the Defensive mindset into our Balance of Speed and Precision Drills
- Incorporating Lateral Movement Into our Drills
- Introduction to presentation from the Holster
Getting started with the AR15 Rifle:
- Introduction to America’s most popular sporting rifle
- Discuss Common misconceptions regarding the AR15
- Learn Maintenance, breakdown/field stripping, cleaning, and general operation
- Discuss all the options for upgrades and accessories
- Learn how to hold, operate, and Shoot (including Live fire) the AR15 Platform
AR15 fundamentals 1: In this live fire, small group setting you will learn:
- Basic operations, gear, and options
- Zeroing the AR15 Rifle
- Proper grip, stance and sight alignment
- Height over bore assessment
- Defensive accuracy at a variety of distances
STOP THE BLEED®:
- This is the Official STOP THE BLEED® Course
- Learn how to use Tourniquets, Quick clot, and Wound Packing
- Discuss how to handle trauma from serious injuries in order to save lives – SECONDS COUNT!!!
Women’s Personal Safety Event:
- This women’s only personal safety event will cover key tips for avoiding and preventing dangerous encounters
- How to establishing appropriate boundaries
- When “force” can legally be used to defend yourself
- Methods of personal protection
- There is no live fire in this introductory module.
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer Training:
- Become an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
- Learn how to safely run a firing line
- Do’s and don’ts of Range Operation
- Safety Standards and the importance of a properly trained RSO
This Class will Qualify you to apply to be a certified RSO under the NRA
Women’s Handgun and Self Defense Fundamentals:
- Situational awareness
- Common types of handguns
- Ammunition types, malfunctions
- Firearms handling skills
- Defensive pistol fundamentals
- The use of deadly force
Managing Unknown Contacts:
- Quite Possibly the most important Self Defense class you will ever take!
- Discuss how to handle an encounter with a stranger that has the potential to turn violent
- Learn how to deal with an overly aggressive stranger without bringing a firearm into play
- Learn telltale warning signs, de-escalation techniques, proper use of verbal commands, and self-defense techniques
- Learn how to stop a violent attack before it ever starts
Smokeless Range at Twisted Fitness Gym Madison
Defensive Shooting Fundamentals at Deerfield Pistol